MAXXD POWDER COATING
MAXXD POWDER COATINGMAXX-D trailers designs capture the different work challenges businesspeople face every day. Additionally, the engineers at MAXX-D have taken real work experiences, as well as work conditions and excellently designed heavy duty trailers that not only meet but exceeds the expectations of our clients, with versatile and easy to operate trailers that display the excellency of their manufacturer.POWDER COAT is one of the greatest features of the MAXXD Trailers. Provides a paint that last long and stronger, resulting in a better-looking trailer that holds its resale value much better.
What is Powder Coating?
An advanced method of applying a protective finish to virtually any type of metal.The powder use in this process is a mix of finely ground particles of pigment and resin, which is electrostatically sprayed onto the surface of the trailer. The charged powder particles adhere to the electrically grounded trailer until the powder is heated and fused into a smooth coating in the curing oven.The result is a uniform, durable, high quality, and attractive finish.Powder coating is the fastest growing finishing technology in North America, and when it comes to Powder Coated Trailers; MAXXD has been leading the pack for many years, which has allowed them to have the infrastructure and the technical knowledge to execute the process flawlessly on every trailer they make.
Here are the 6 steps of MAXX- D Powder Coating process:
- Sand Blasting: Removes metal scaling left behind during manufacturing process, and it is also aiming to roughen the surface for better adhesion.
- Alkaline Wash: Removes all moisture that blasting did not remove.
- Preheat Process: Removes all moisture from the trailer including; in between cracks and inside welds that the typical air-dry process does not take care of
- Primer coat: Standard primer coat with much better corrosion resistance than a direct to metal application
- Color powder coat: A one cure technology with the primer allows for better adhesion between coats of primer and color powder as well as to the metal itself.
- Cure process: Full cure to make sure the powder is fully bonded to the metal.
Why Powder Coating?To give the MAXX-D Trailers one of the longest lasting, and most color-durable quality finishes available on virtually any type of metal. These trailers surfaces are more resistant to chipping, scratching, fading, and wearing than other finishes!Here at Trailer World of Katy we focus our efforts on finding manufactures that make trailers that last. Therefore, MAXX-D High Quality Trailers make the top of the list for us! Moreover, with a proven track record of 20 plus years serving the industry
MAXX-D trailers are reputable not only because their excellent design but also amazing workmanship.Call us or visit our website and to find out more about the MAXX-D Trailers we carry and can custom order for you!